Sorry, this job has expired.
Airgas is now hiring Class A and B CDL Delivery Truck Drivers.
You will be responsible for driving a company truck over an established route to deliver products to customers.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
• 2-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess valid CDL class A or B (depending on site-specific equipment requirements) with hazardous material and air brakes endorsements.
• Drive truck to deliver gasses and hard goods to customer's place of business.
• Issue or obtain customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
• Make deliveries outside of regular route to provide customers with product.
• Issue or obtain customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery. • Collect empty cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise.
• Load truck.
• Collect money from customers, make change, and record transactions on customer receipt.
• Write customer orders and instructions.
• Record sales or delivery information on daily sales or delivery record.
• Listen to and resolve service complaints.
• Give feedback to supervisor about customer complaints and requirements.
• Clean inside of truck.
• Perform routine maintenance checks on truck.
• Comply with all company policies, safety policies and procedures, and DOT requirements.
• Work safely and meet the requirements of all safety procedures and rules as prescribed by State, Federal, and the Company.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and record information.
• Ability to speak effectively before customers or associates.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and to calculate percent.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to stand, walk, and sit while making deliveries.
• Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel while making deliveries.
• Ability to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance;
• Ability to smell leaking gas from cylinders.
• Ability to regularly lift up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
• Ability to withstand exposure to outside weather conditions and moving mechanical parts.
Please note: the noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
We are an EOE/AA/ M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.